YoFish! is a location and mini-game that was released into YoWorld on June 30, 2009. The mini-game lets you and your friends (as non-player characters) have a small fishing competition.
As your character casts their line into the water, you must wait for any larger or heavier fish to pass by. The bigger the fish, the more points you get. There is a large variety of fish to catch. At the end of the game, if you win in first place you get rewarded with 100 YoCoins.
There are two types of bait you can buy and use while fishing. These are the 'Bait Worm' and the 'Bait Minnow'. If you have bait on your line it makes it easier to catch fish, the Minnow is much more effective than the Worm. Sharks will take away your bait without being hooked. Bait can also be used as furniture items and can be placed in rooms.
- Choose your bait. Fish prefer worms to a hook and minnows to worms.
- To cast, hold down the mouse button and release when the meter displays your desired distance.
- To reel in a fish or reel in your line, click and hold the mouse button.
- To let out more line or tease your line, click the mouse button once.
- Avoid sharks as they take your bait and eat your catch.
- The bigger the fish, the more points you get. The marlin (the large blue fish), is always worth the most points.